Projects overseen by the Ministry of Education have both strict requirements and limited funds for school construction. The current drive towards ‘modern innovative learning environments’ means space is more open plan for group teaching rather than individual classrooms.
The Ministry have their own requirements for fire safety measures which are over-and-above the Fire Safety Code compliance. For example, in new buildings they are keen to provide sprinkler protection.
Educational buildings differ from offices because they are public spaces and the fire safety requirements are more stringent. There are also large volumes of people using Universities and tertiary education buildings.
- Devonport School, Auckland
- Belmont Intermediate, North Shore Auckland
- Belmont Primary, North Shore Auckland
- University of Auckland Science Centre
- Tarawera High School
- Freemans Bay School
- Engineering Research Buildings, Newmarket, Auckland
- Engineering Faculty, University of Auckland