Fire Engineering Design
Your project needs expert, cost effective fire engineering design services and Crossfire brings you all the experience needed to deliver both compliant buildings, and property and business protection.
Our team enjoy the challenge of creating the best fit solution for your project. Fine-tuning designs for fire ratings, building egress and fire protection systems to your project brief means our clients get the best possible value from Crossfire services as well as fire system specification and construction.
Following the 2013 Building Code revisions, Crossfire has strong track record in both design methods - the NZ Building Code Acceptable Solutions (C/ASx) and the Verification Method (C/VM2).
Architectural and Engineering design teams enjoy working with Crossfire as we enable them to streamline designs and deliver safe, effective and unobtrusive fire safety systems. Our preference is for early involvement in your project to ensure timely advice and avoid unnecessary costs.
Our skilled team is able to advise on
- Design specifications (egress, safety systems, control of internal spread of fire and control of external spread of fire).
- Fire Service requirements
- Construction procedures, inspections and monitoring during the build period
- Evacuation of building regulations and Fire Safety regulations
- Calculations to support Fire Design recommendations
- Detailed design drawings
The Fire Services Requirements are precise specifications for the NZ Fire Service including road distances, road allowances, hose run distances and sprinkler system connections. We are well known to the Fire Service Design Review Unit and have a track record of successful collaboration with them.
Crossfire are experts in Computer Modelling for fire protection - we use smoke and evacuation models to support our recommendations.
Refurbishment project case studies:
- Prada, 45 Queen Street, Auckland
- Southern Cross Hospital, Palmerston North
- Roselle House, St Kentigern School, Remuera
- Ferry Building, Quay Street, Auckland
New build project case studies:
- Manurewa Swimming Pool, Manurewa
- DNZ Cruciform Westgate retail, office and food court complex
- Rua Tekau, Vinegar Lane, Grey Lynn, Auckland
- LSG Sky Chefs, Auckland Airport
Before joining Crossfire, Jeff Parkinson was an operational officer in the UK Fire Service and was a fire engineer for the New Zealand Fire Service so has operational understanding of fire emergencies.